This dish has an unbelievable full flavor. It is high in protein and very low carb for a main course meal….which means this can be included on even the strictest of diets.
As prepared, each serving has under 15 grams of carbohydrates. Feel free to add to the basic recipe with pea pods or water chestnuts or turn up the heat with more red pepper flakes. Serve over brown or whole grain jasmine rice, if not on a carb restricted meal plan. And it is stir fry, which means from pan to table in under 15 minutes!
- 1 small/med head cabbage shredded
- ~4-5 tsp olive oil (divided)
- 1 small onion, julienned
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1 1/2 lb med or large shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 3-4 TBSP water
- 2TBSP low sodium Soy Sauce
- 4-8 oz fresh bean sprouts (or use canned)
- 2 TBSP fresh Cilantro, minced (or 2 tsp dried)
- ~1/4tsp VitaminSpice crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- ~1/8tsp VitaminSpice Granulated Garlic
- Heat ~2tsp oil in skillet or stir fry pan.
- Stir fry cabbage, onion over high heat for about 2 minutes, until tender. DO NOT OVERCOOK.
- Remove from heat and keep warm. Sprinkle with salt/pepper to taste.
- In same pan, add ~2-3 tsp oil and stir fry garlic briefly. Add shrimp, water, soy sauce.
- When shrimp begins to turn pink, add bean sprouts.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and Vitamin Spice Garlic and Red Pepper Flakes. Stir well.
- Serve shrimp mixture over cabbage.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Blended from premium herbs and spices and packed with essential vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants, VitaminSpice is all natural, 100% vegetarian and completely free of additives, preservatives, coloring, sugar, artificial sweeteners, calories and gluten. VitaminSpice can be sprinkled onto any food or beverage, and can be used at the end of the cooking process up to 200 °F. Available in a wide variety of traditional spices, including ground cinnamon, granulated garlic and ground black pepper, VitaminSpice’s new blends also come in several supplement formulas such as multivitamin, kids, joint and cardio.
VitaminSpiceTM is the pioneer of a new category of vitamin-enhanced seasonings and condiments within the $33 billion US functional food and beverage market. The inspired creation of a father and molecular biologist, VitaminSpice makes it easy for busy families to naturally boost the nutritional value of their meals with spices, seasonings and condiments that enliven the palate. VitaminSpice’s first product line of proprietary spice and vitamin blends offers a convenient and effective way to nourish the body, and is perfect for anyone who wants to enhance nutritional intake without the discomfort of swallowing vitamin pills. VitaminSpice is currently available online and in select retail outlets. For more information on how VitaminSpice is bringing spice to life, visit www.vitaminspice.net.
** For local orders, in the Brunswick, Georgia region you may also contact me through this website or via e-mail at email@example.com.
Jasmine rice has a soft texture that is not as crunchy or chewy as other brown rices, but equally as nutritious.
Jasmine is a naturally aromatic long grain rice originally grown only in Thailand. While cooking, this exotic rice fills your kitchen with a delicate scent. The aroma and flavor are natural, nothing is added to the rice. The grains cook up moist and tender with a light, soft texture, and delicious flavor.
1 C brown Jasmine rice
2 C water
1 lb lean ground beef
Fresh minced garlic, to taste
2 tbsp fresh ginger root (or ¼-1/2 tsp ground)
Vitamin Spice ground black pepper
Vitamin Spice crushed red pepper
Vitamin Spice granulated garlic
1 TBSP Coconut Oil
1 red and 1 green pepper, chopped
¼ c beef stock
1-2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
Chili powder, to taste
½-1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Soak Rice. In medium saucepan, bring rice and water to boil, Cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- In wok or skillet over medium high heat, stir fry ground beef until evenly browned. Drain, RINSE, and set aside.
- Heat coconut oil (you can use olive oil) in skillet over medium high heat. Stir-fry garlic, bell peppers, parsley and ginger. Season generously with Vitamin Spices; (black and red pepper, garlic). Add salt if desired). Cook and stir until peppers are tender, but not overcooked.
- Return beef to skillet. Mix in beef stock, soy sauce, chili powder and Worcestershire. Cook and stir until thickened and heated through.
- Stir in or serve over the jasmine rice.
Vitamin Spice makes it easy to naturally boost the flavor and nutritional value of your meals.
Blended from premium herbs and spices and packed with essential vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants, VitaminSpice’s line of proprietary spice blends delivers great taste and nutrition in one package. VitaminSpice is a convenient, effective and delicious option for enhancing your daily nutritional intake.