Yes! You can eat Pasta.
Fresh tomatoes, zucchini… garlic and herbs tossed with whole grain pasta and chicken make for a healthy, high protein meal. Fast, Fresh and Easy…
For the pasta:
- 8-10 oz. dry whole wheat angel hair pasta
- 1 pint ~(2-3 cups) cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ cup shredded fresh mozzarella
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 T minced garlic
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced basil ( If you don’t have fresh, dried basil works fine)
- Salt, pepper, red pepper flakes to taste
- Extra Parmesan to sprinkle on top
For the chicken:
- 1 to 1.25 lbs chicken breast
- Olive oil, salt, pepper, oregano (Italian Seasonings), red pepper flakes to taste
Bring large pot of water to boil.
- Cook pasta according to directions. Drain. Set aside.
- Wash one zucchini and slice lengthwise into 4, and dice cut into ½ inch pieces. Set aside.
- Combine tomatoes and mozzarella in a bowl. Add additional herbs, if desired. Set aside.
- Cut chicken into strips. Coat chicken with oil and spices. Preheat large sauté or fry pan on medium high heat, adding a little more olive oil to coat bottom of pan. Saute chicken, turning once and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Remove from heat and let rest.
- In same pan, add a bit more olive oil, garlic and zucchini and stir fry, about 1-2 minutes, until vegetable browned but still crisp.
- Reduce heat. Return cooked pasta to sauté pan along with tomato and cheese mixture. Stir in basil. Season with salt, pepper, and pepper flakes. Finally return chicken strips to pan.
Top with extra Parmesan as desired.
Makes 4-6 servings.